Details of the 2-day Trek.
|2 days / 1 night
Type of tour:
Cultural, Trek, Adventure
|Cusco, Inca Trail (Km
104), Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu
Price / person:
|From US$ 515 to US$ 590 + accomodation
Day 1: Cusco - Inca Trail (Km 104 - Aguas Calientes)
- It is the shortest edition of the faboulous Inca Trail, for those who have
less time and don't want to miss this unique trek.
- Very early in the morning, transfer from your hotel to the train station
to take the train which will take you to the km 104 where the trek begins.
After crossing the bridge over Urubamba river and
archaeological site of Chachabamba, we will climb to the splendid archaeological
complexe of Wi?ayhuayna, located over the mountains surrounding Urubamba
- During the trek we will also see the typical vegetation of the rainforest.
Then, we will visit the archaeological ruins of Intipunku (Sun Gate).
- Afterwards, we will go down by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes to spend
Included meals: Lunch, dinner
Day 2: Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes - Cusco
- After breakfast we will go to the Inca citadel.
- Once in Machu Picchu, we will enjoy a guided tour for about 2 hours. You
will see the Main square, the Temple of the Sun, the Royal rooms, the Three
Window Temple and several burial places.
- After this visit you will have some time to walk aroud the ruins.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Return to Cusco by railway and road transport.
- Transfer to your hotel.
Included meals: Breakfast, lunch
In option, it is possible to stay a 3rd day in Aguas Calientes/Machu
Picchu to enjoy even more this wonderful site. In this case, you can
- Additional entrances for Machu Picchu.
- Additional round trip transfers by bus to Machu Picchu.
- Additional lunches in Aguas Calientes.
Fore more details visit the page comparative & prices.
||For those wanting to visit Wayna Picchu instead of or after Machu Picchu,
please notice that from now on the access is limited and has a cost (see